Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Atal Vani...

This is one of Atal Bihari Vajpayees poems I like.

Here is an attempt to translate it to english.
Please put in comments if you think my interpretations are
incorrect.

You can listen to this poem in his voice here.


Apne hi man se kuch bolen

Let us speak our minds

What did I gain or lose in this world,
In this game of constant union and seperation.
I have no qualms with any, if one deceives me .
Let us cast a look on our past, let us jolt our bag of memories.

Earth is ages old, life an endless story.
But our bodies have limitations.
It is enough when the end comes knocking be there to embrace it yourself.

Birth - death is a continious cycle ,life - like a group nomads.
with today here... and an uncertain tomorrow...?
who knows where the next sunrise is....
In this seemless dark sky, weigh the wings of your life(see how far you can fly)

Let us speak our minds.....

1 comment: