Monday, January 02, 2006

Shwanopakhyana.....

Let me first tell you about the title "Shwanopakhyana".
You can divide it into 2 words Shwana + Upakhyana.
Shwana = Dog , Upakhyana =to say about (tell a story about). This is mostly a word I think I have put together .... and the 2 words used are sanskrit.

This picture was taken summer 2004 near pike place market Seattle, during one of my daily strolls exploring the city which was only days new to me.

Now the title of this blog is also the title of a poem I wrote in spring 2004 in Manhattan, Kansas expressing an interesting incident in my life "a dog bite..". And the dog which bit me more or less looked like the one in the picture but was brown in color.




Shwanopakhyana
------------------
Suhani shaam thi, halka sa dhoop tha,
sundar prakrati ka roop tha, cycle pe apni main sawar tha.

jaise khilte huye bahar main baad aajati hai,
ek achi si love story main villan ki entry ho jati hai....
mere kahani main bhi ek twist aaya,
ek khunkhar kutte ko maine apni aur aate huye paya.

Kutte ko dekh hogaya main pani pani
socha khatam hogayi meri jeevan kahani,
kutte ne yeh jo chalang mari
uske muh me mani apni tang payi.

Woh dekho kutte ka malik aaya
Kutte ki aturata samajhaya.
Bola -
" jab kutta chota bacha tha,
man ka bilkul kacha tha,
Cyclewale ne koi use peet diya,
tab se kutte ne taan liya,
har cyclewale ko dushman manliya"

Sham dhali aur raat aayi, hamko samajh yeh baat aayi,
har kurupta ke piche hum hi the aur yeh manav kul hi tha.......
har kurupta ke piche hum hi the aur yeh manav kul hi tha.......

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

वाह रे वाह! आप तो अटलजी से भी बडकर निकले!

आप बरह साफ़्ट्व्वेर की इस्तेमाल क्यू नहि कर्ते ?

Harini Sridharan said...

There it is! Impressive... also impressive is that you actually remember this poem to day, word for word!

(Maybe one day, you should write another to vent out all your spite for the dog :D)

sandeep said...

:) I remember it mostly because the story has a nice flow.

well I should, it is mostly that I would think twice when someone told me that.. "hey this dog won't bite".