Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Video recommendation

I am starting a weekly video recommendation on my blog. Videos featured are intended to have high interest content.

To start with here is a talk by Joshua Prince-Ramus: Designing the Seattle Central Library.



Architect Joshua Prince-Ramus takes the audience on dazzling, dizzying virtual tours of three recent projects, including the Seattle Central Library, Museum Plaza in Louisville and Dallas' Charles Wyly Theater. Adopting what he describes as a "hyper-rational" approach to architecture, Joshua Prince-Ramus explains how logic can act as the catalyst for extraordinary buildings. He previews an ambitious new theater in Dallas, a hyper-customizable performance space in which everything -- stage, seats, walls, ceiling -- can be altered on the fly. He concludes with an animation of the 1.1-million-square-foot Museum Plaza in Louisville, scheduled for completion in 2010. (borrowed from ted.com)

4 comments:

Kaushik said...

Looks like you have been doing a round of all the TED talks!

I would recommend Hans Rosling's talk (supported by some excellent visuals) on myths about the third world.

-K

sandeep said...

I am big fan of TED :).

Thank you for stopping by,

The visuals are amazing on Roslings talk and no doubt Google bought this software.

bubbles said...

Hey nice idea.

For the benefit of people like me, can you do a hierarchical classification of your video recommendations? :-D so we can filter out the non-techie stuff from the techie ones?


PS: Stop copying my layout.

sandeep said...

Sure, I will try that , put tags based on techi, fun, inspiring etc.

I changed my layout, went back to my old one, with different background.