Monday, May 26, 2008

Soccer - fun evening

Yesterday after dinning at P F Chang's my fortune cookie said - "Something you have been waiting for will happen soon".

Today while on my usual evening jog and my routine of stretching around the local soccer field, I was waiting for the game to begin ( I watch these games a couple of minutes, generally a lot of fun) and wonder if I could go and kick the ball around myself.And it happened the guy across the fence called out and said

he: "hey do you play soccer.."
me:"ya.. I can play if you don't have enough players.."
me: to myself - hmm I signed up but haven't played in 14 years now.. but should be ok..

I walk up, put on the red jersey, feel the air, stretch back-front-sidewards crackle and loosen up.
The team I am playing for had players mostly from eastern European countries, tall and sharp. We were playing against green looked like most players were from Latin American countries ,short but swift.

Enjoyed next 45 minutes of fast play, blood rushing into all the vessels , supplying that much needed extra punch of oxygen.

4 comments:

bubbles said...

hello.... you forgot the cardinal rule when reading fortune cookies :-P

so you have been enjoying good food without us folks... hmm...

sandeep said...

ahh .. lets make that rule optional :)

guess you were out of town that weekend..

Harini Sridharan said...

Nice! :)

Finally hovering around the soccer field and ogling at the players (:p) paid off!

sandeep said...

yeah, I was soaked sweating.. had a real good work out in a long time..